I will show you below how to install fonts on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and even Windows XP.
The process is very simple and quite intuitive for Windows users.
First, let’s see where to get fonts from.
Where to get fonts from?
There are several places to get fonts from, the first 2 that come in my mind being:
Here you can look for similar fonts, for new fonts, and you can even use the in-house software to identify all the fonts you like – from pictures, from websites, from documents, and any other place.
Google Fonts is one of the best places to visit whenever you need a new font for your project.
There are over 1,000 different fonts to choose from and the website is very simple to use, having many filters that come in hand.
How to install fonts on different operating system software
Below, I will explain you how to easily install the fonts you like on different operating system software like Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.
The steps are easy to follow, no matter your level of experience.
Let’s start with Windows 10 as this is highly popular among people from all parts of the world.
How to install fonts on Windows 10
There are 5 simple steps that you need take to install new fonts on Windows 10.
- Download the font you like as a zip file.
- Go to Downloads folder.
- Unzip the file.
- Right-click on each one font file and choose Install from the dropdown menu.
- Repeat this step for all the fonts you want to install on your PC.
How to install fonts on Windows 8
Here are the steps to follow for installing fonts on Windows 8.
- Download the fonts you like as zip files.
- Unzip the fonts files.
- Search the Fonts Folder in the start menu’s search.
- Open Fonts folder.
- Drag the unzipped fonts to the Fonts folder to automatically install them.
- Repeat the 5th step for all the fonts you want to install.
How to install fonts on Windows 7
It is even simpler to install fonts on Windows 7 than on the above operating systems.
- Download all the fonts you like.
- Unzip the files.
- Right-click a font file to bring up a pop-up menu.
- Select Install for each.
How to install fonts on Windows Vista
Vista is a bit more complicated than Windows 7 and newer versions.
- Download the fonts you want to install.
- Go to the Downloads folder.
- Unzip the font files.
- Go to the Start Menu > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Fonts.
- Hit File > Install New Font.
- Go to the folder that contains your unzipped font files and choose the font files to be installed.
- Click Install.
How to install fonts on Windows XP
Windows XP is still highly used, with over 60% computers worldwide using this operating system.
- Download the fonts..
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the Downloads folder.
- Unzip the font files you want to install.
- Go to the Start Menu > Control Panel > Appearance and Themes > See Also > Fonts.
- Select File Menu > Install New Font.
- Select fonts.
- Click ok.
It is nice to use custom and new fonts for your projects, no matter the operating system you have.
Use these guides and start installing all the fonts you like on your computers.