Futura Now is a brilliant redesign that you will love, of the famous Futura Font. Surely, a whole new world just opened for all of us that use fonts every day in our projects, and for web and graphic designers.
Futura is one of the most interesting fonts in the history of humankind.
Did you know that Futura was even used in the formidable mission of conquering the space?
Find out more below. I included some very interesting facts about this font.
First, I want to present you more info about Futura, and right after, I tell you about Futura Now brilliant redesign.
What is Futura?
Paul Renner designed Futura, a geometric sans-serif typeface released in 1927.
It was designed as a contribution to the New Frankfurt-project.
Therefore, it is why the font is based on geometric shapes, especially the circle, similar in spirit to the Bauhaus design style of the period.
Since its launch, Futura was one of the most used fonts in the world and now it just got even better.
A whole redesign was made.
Interesting Facts About Futura Font
Find below some very interesting facts about Future Font.
- It is a geometric sans serif font, created in 1927 by Paul Renner. Paul was a German typeface designer.
- Futura became one of the most successful and most-used fonts of the 20th century.
- Many important figures, considered Futura a progressive font that represented the European-Avant-Garde.
- Bauhaus ideology influenced Paul Renner when he created Futura.
And here you will find even more cool facts
- A form should be pared down to its essence, stripped of all unnecessary and distracting decoration.
- Futura font had an enormous commercial success and led to the creation of several geometric sans-serif typefaces.
- Companies like Gilette, Best Buy and Crayola, used Futura in their logos.
- Even today, Futura is still one of the most important typefaces.
- 50 years ago, on July 20, Apollo 11 launched Futura on the Moon.
Futura in Advertising
Many famous ads and logos used Futura:
- Absolut Vodka
- Absolut Vodka
And guess what, Futura appeared in several movies:
- V for Vendetta
- American Beauty,
- 2001: A Space Odyssey
- And many others.
Futura Now – A Brilliant Redesign
You have to see this video; it is the story behind Futura Now.
As a result of the fantastic work of the designers, Futura Now encompasses 102 styles, 89 languages, 600 characters, new weights, decorative variants, and even a variable font.
“It brings some much-needed humanity back to the world of geometric sans serifs,” says Steve Matteson, Monotype’s Creative Type Director.
Above all, the directory says that “Despite its reputation as the ultimate modern typeface, Futura Now is surprisingly warm,”.
But, Steve comments that “It’s just as at home set next to a leafy tree as it is next to a stainless-steel table, because it skillfully navigates the border between super-clean geometry and humanist warmth.”
In conclusion, Futura Now is a great font that you can use it for any kind of project.
And in plus, Futura is very affordable and you can even get the free weight right now, from here.
Finally, I want to congratulate the designers that created Futura Now:
- Steve Matteson
- Terrance Weinzierl
- Juan Villanueva